Sunday, December 19, 2010

What's so special about you?

Well how do i put this nicely? I LOVED NOT HAVING TO WAKE UP AS A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT :D Oh well, despite all the good times and lessons learnt yadda2 I still think my high school time sucks. Being that awkward gangly tall skinny girl in school since Form 1, people especially stupid boys whose brains are only the size of a peanut, would mock and scream (ok not literally HEHE) their brainless mockeries on such fine creation like yours truly,me. Not to mention stereotypical oh-i-am-so-cantik-i-can-get-any-boys-to-fall-for-me-in-a-tap-of-my-ugly-fingers. Truth is, you are the ugliest. Oh well, high school's over. Been there. Done that. Won't ever wanna be there, do that again. Lets just put that aside.

Anyhow peeps.

I've been trying to eat as much as I can as to fulfill one of my maaaanyyy post-SPM plans. In the world of dining, the street food - I found to be very fun to explore. Plus it being so cheap and easily accessible (if u know what i mean) *wink2. Nope, I'm not gonna blabber about where and what and when to find scrumptious delicious slurrppp slurpp *oh sound effect sikit* food. BUT! This is an eye opener. *insert sound effect*

So, peeps. This is what I realised. Go to any hawker you can find. And try ordering anything in menu. Yes, anything. Lets say ermmm Rojak Ayam. Ok Rojak Ayam. Ok now scroll your eyes to the bottom. *BOOM* Rojak Ayam Special.




Rojak Ayam Special




Ok that ladies and gentlemen is my prime example. See it through your heart. Smell it through your senses. What is so special about Rojak Ayam Special? They have extra chickens, extra sauce, extra this extra that. Can't really point it out can we? Different stalls have different definition of "special". Cool.

Lets go to second stall. Pick anything from the menu. I pick ABC. Repeat above procedure. OK we have ABC special.





ABC Special




An ice cream scoop on top. Extra red beans and jellies and all those stuffs. Again, different place, different definition of "special". Yummyyyy slurrp slurrp. I correct or not correct one? Of course I correct one. Don't believe me? Like I even care.

So, see the picture, no?

What I am trying to convey over here is notice how these food are all called "special". But the special parts have no interconnections between one type of food and another. What I mean is they are all different. Nasi Lemak Special may be defined as Nasi Lemak with more anchovies, fried egg, cheese cake as complimentary dessert and whatnot. And if you order say... Teh Tarik Special. Your Teh Tarik may be served in a huge glass and super frothy ke ape kan.




Nasi Lemak Special






Teh Tarik
i just made that one up so teh tarik special doesnt even exist :P






Lain tak makanan2 yang special ini?



Ya. Sangat lain.




Tapi masih special?



Yeaps. Definitely.




There are no exact definition. For me, being that awkward gangly tall skinny girl was and still is very special. :)



Wan Husna special

1 comment:

Erin said...

Eh, mana ABC nie...looks sedap! in KB kah?