Thursday, April 19, 2012

19th on 17th

"It's just a birthday"

It really was.

I recalled my 18th birthday a year ago. It was a simple dinner with a guitar, and a cousin. Despite hitting the so-called "adult" age that time, I didn't feel anything. As opposed to what I really should be feeling - old or mature. I must say that I was very sensitive with important dates and occasions. And I was honestly upset by the fact that my parents were busy entertaining business colleagues on my birthday. All I wanted to do that day was to stay in and not celebrate. Until that cousin forced me out of bed and I agreed to go dinner. And so I did.

But this time around it was different. I had exams on my birthday. The only thing that was inside my head was how asymmetric centres form chiral compounds and how their mirror images form enantiomers. My mom forgot that it was my birthday yesterday. And dad didn't even wish me at all. Because he only acknowledge my birthday according to the Hijri calendar. But I didn't mind. I didn't mind at all. Amazing how thoughts and priorities can change as time goes by. And before the day ended I got to speak with my mom on Skype. And that and only that had made my day :)

Thank you Allah for all your blessings. Thank you friends for making me feel like I'm at home. Thank you teachers. Thank you loved ones.

I can never thank you guys enough.

Yours truly,
Me.

No comments: