Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Split Seconds

It happened so fast. We were studying when Ama received that call from Nora. I could sense something shaky in Ama's voice and immediately took my sight off the book. When she hung up and blurted out the news, I was dumbfounded. My heartbeats were racing and my hands were shaking. I couldn't picture being in your shoes, losing your loved one, thousands miles away from home. We know you were crying real hard that night. We know how badly you wanted to go back home. We were feeling useless that night because all we could do was say our prayers to Ali, you and your family.

Indeed, it was a tough night for you Kak Aliyah. It was for us too knowing how much pain you were in. It was a night none of us could ever forget.

We want you to know that we'll always be here to support you. We'll always be your family in this foreign land. I hope you and your family will stay strong over the loss of your loved one. I know Ali will be in Jannah waiting to see you guys when the time comes one day. I know with this it means that Ali's suffering ends, that he is in a much better place. And I know Ali knows how much you care for him. He is safe, in God's hands inshaAllah.

"Born a fighter, died a fighter"

Because the only certain thing about life is death.

Al Fatihah Ali Imraan bin Awang.

And verily, it is We Who give life, and Who give death: it is We Who remain inheritors (after all else passes away). [15:23]

No comments: