Some might question why am I even blogging still. It's 2014. Blogs are obsolete. Well, that's the sole reason why. Have I not deleted my MySpace account I would probably go back to that rather than spending time on Facebook (pls laugh ha ha). To be honest I have never liked places with lots of people, I would prefer a quiet serene place and a maybe a little tiny space all by myself. I never liked things if everyone is doing them. I'm usually the one going against the flow. I feel suffocated with people looking and staring. Well, I just probably happen to be in their view, it's not that I get checked out all the time. It's just one of those feelings I can never comprehend. Last time I checked those were the signs of an introvert. But I don't reckon myself so much as an introvert. I enjoy company. And I'm not that repulsive... or I actually might be a little?
Anyway.
It's the second week of 2014 and I'm in the midst of finals for this semester. I have another six daunting papers to sit for before winter break commences. Besides bouncing back to Blogger as you might have notice(or not), there's not much that I have done in these past two weeks. And that is not a great start of a new year, is it. Most of the time I'll be in front of the computer either scrolling through my social medias, watching movies and study for my exams. To top that off, I sleep like a baby nowadays because the weather is really cold and I would rather sleep than do anything at all. Even if I'm hungry I'll refrain myself from going out of the duvet to get something to eat. So there was one point in my life this semester where I weigh somewhere near 49kg. I'm not even kidding. Standing at 5'7" i looked super lanky and awkward. But who cares really. I gained weight now, I definitely look better except that now I look like zombies thanks to my absurd sleeping patterns. I have dark circles under my eyes I can now call myself Batman.
Hard to admit but I am actually one of those people who still do New Year's resolutions. As cliche as it is, I find timely targets are motivating. One of my major 2014 resolution is to be more matured with feelings, decisions, words and things like that. Basically to think more like an adult. Age doesn't measure maturity, or so I was told. Yeah tell that to a little kid, he'd be bragging around that he's matured despite his age. Tell that to a woman my age, man I'd think twice to agree with the statement. I would rather people tell me I'm matured because I'm old. Haha. I still think like a kid, selfish at times and I get very dependent. And I am always hesitating to get out of my comfort zones. There's a huge difference between being youthful and being immature. One of the way to define maturity is when someone sacrifices his immediate worldly pleasures for the benefits of his future. Take a breather and let that sink in to you.
Well I don't know if living in Jordan made me dwindle down and fall into those categories. But I used to think that I was very independent and had a strong character. Sadly turns out I was wrong. At times living over here can be very challenging for women. We tend to get scared and timid all the time. We start to depend on others to make us feel safe and shits. I'm not saying that women over here can't stand up for herself but living in a community like this presents you more challenges that you have to overcome and Imma tell you it ain't easy.
Im actually having a paper tomorrow and I hate that subject. So I'm blogging instead (told you I talk like a kid). I can't wait for this semester to be over, i've always hated winter semesters anyway. This is me penning off. Till then I'll continue to be that kind of person who sacrifice immediate,short lived pleasures for the sake of benefits in the long run.
Anyway.
It's the second week of 2014 and I'm in the midst of finals for this semester. I have another six daunting papers to sit for before winter break commences. Besides bouncing back to Blogger as you might have notice(or not), there's not much that I have done in these past two weeks. And that is not a great start of a new year, is it. Most of the time I'll be in front of the computer either scrolling through my social medias, watching movies and study for my exams. To top that off, I sleep like a baby nowadays because the weather is really cold and I would rather sleep than do anything at all. Even if I'm hungry I'll refrain myself from going out of the duvet to get something to eat. So there was one point in my life this semester where I weigh somewhere near 49kg. I'm not even kidding. Standing at 5'7" i looked super lanky and awkward. But who cares really. I gained weight now, I definitely look better except that now I look like zombies thanks to my absurd sleeping patterns. I have dark circles under my eyes I can now call myself Batman.
Hard to admit but I am actually one of those people who still do New Year's resolutions. As cliche as it is, I find timely targets are motivating. One of my major 2014 resolution is to be more matured with feelings, decisions, words and things like that. Basically to think more like an adult. Age doesn't measure maturity, or so I was told. Yeah tell that to a little kid, he'd be bragging around that he's matured despite his age. Tell that to a woman my age, man I'd think twice to agree with the statement. I would rather people tell me I'm matured because I'm old. Haha. I still think like a kid, selfish at times and I get very dependent. And I am always hesitating to get out of my comfort zones. There's a huge difference between being youthful and being immature. One of the way to define maturity is when someone sacrifices his immediate worldly pleasures for the benefits of his future. Take a breather and let that sink in to you.
Well I don't know if living in Jordan made me dwindle down and fall into those categories. But I used to think that I was very independent and had a strong character. Sadly turns out I was wrong. At times living over here can be very challenging for women. We tend to get scared and timid all the time. We start to depend on others to make us feel safe and shits. I'm not saying that women over here can't stand up for herself but living in a community like this presents you more challenges that you have to overcome and Imma tell you it ain't easy.
Im actually having a paper tomorrow and I hate that subject. So I'm blogging instead (told you I talk like a kid). I can't wait for this semester to be over, i've always hated winter semesters anyway. This is me penning off. Till then I'll continue to be that kind of person who sacrifice immediate,short lived pleasures for the sake of benefits in the long run.
2 comments:
49. o.o
ke scale rosak kah kah
haha i hope it was rosak. couldnt believe i was that light. but now dah gemuk lah dont worry (mcm lah worry)
Post a Comment