Monday, January 24, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Ok I gotta admit. I ran out of ideas on what to write about in my blog. And I actually typed " What to write in my blog " on Google. How pathetic pfft. Anyhow I got a topic. Which I thought of without the usage of any search engines apparently. And these ladies and gentlemen are my Top Five Guilty Pleasures.

Oh by the way. In case you don't know.

A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The "guilt" involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes. Fashion, music, and junk food can be examples of guilty pleasures.wikiwiki!

So basically, they are the things that you know you should not like. But you like them anyway.

So here we go.


First on the list is reading Nicholas Sparks'. He is one cheesy storyteller and his stories are super cliche. So far I have read like what? Five of his works. Almost every stories have predictable plot. Nonetheless I would never fail to shed some tears in the end. Okay scratch that. "Some" is an understatement. I just love the corny romance and unlike the other contemporary authors, the stories are clean. Nothing inappropriate. Plus, his stories are always entwined with essence of faith in God, one's beliefs and whatnot. Sparks made sense all the way although obviously he wrote on Christianity. If I were to pick a favourite, its definitely gonna be A Walk To Remember. The tragic end (and very expected) of Landon & Jamie's story have never failed to touch my heart and well not to forget wet my cheeks too. Bak kata orang tu, "Tujuh kali I tengok, tujuh kali I nangis".


Second is listening to Wali Band. I know their songs are not THE best musically composed songs ever and their lyrics don't make sense somehow. No offence. But I can't believe how their songs can stick and linger around in my mind. As bad as I don't want to. Their funny lyrics are laughed at initially. But somehow I remembered the words. Accidentally. Not on purpose. Of all the things I remembered on purpose. It HAS to be those nonsensical lyrics. God, how I wish I can "accidentally" memorize the factors that triggered WWI or "accidentally" solve that Math problem.


Third on the line is watching reality TV shows on Channel E. I don't get bored of them even if I watch them over and over again. My favourite is definitely Keeping Up With The Kardashians and every single spin-offs they had. I too have watched all of the episodes of Giuliana & Bill for both of their seasons. And even watched several episodes repeatedly. Life in the Fab Lane, Mel B Its A Scary World, Living Lohan is definitely my choice of TV show. Just to name a few. Why does this fall under one of my "guilty pleasures" again? Oh well. Lets just put it this way. Those shows don't educate at all. They only thing they teach is probably how to scream at paparazzis. But hey, I love watching good looking rich people screaming.


Lucky number four is another guilty pleasure on reading materials. Stephenie Meyer's The Twilight Saga. Needless to say I have the complete set of her books. Yes all four of them. I hated the fact that I actually had to go to a "Young Readers" or "Teen Fictions" section every four times I bought them some time ago. Nothing tops the cheesiness of Meyer's storyline. Not even Sparks'. I totally loved it! And oh please vampires don't glitter under sunlight. They die. Plus, "vegetarian" vampire is an absurd concept. To be frank I only read it for the romance part since I'm a total romance junkie. This is from my point of view by the way. TwiHards, don't bite me.


Last but not least on my list are fizzy drinks. Don't really have any food guilty pleasures as I don't ever felt guilty of eating. Ironically I am so guilty if I don't eat. Hence, fizzy drinks falls under this category. I like the dance they excite on my taste buds. And I loveee mocktails. I love the potentials of a plain soda gives to our creativity. God forbid, diabetes, kidney failure and liver damage is so not in my wish list. This I am ready to change gradually. I'll have replacements for the drinks. I'll drink water instead. Yeah right, as if.

So, what are yours? :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Err, i watch America's, Canada's and Australia's Next Top Model...& i love it hahaha. uuh, not to forget e-News (got to be updated with who's dating who) and Project Runaway hihi