Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lil Birdie

I was still in my deep slumber though the sun was already way above the horizon. Subtle golden rays were obstructed by thick curtains allowing me to waft in my subconscious fantasies. The light breeze from the swirling ceiling fan filled the room with tender coolness. I pulled my covers to my chest and tucked myself in like a toddler on a rainy day.

"Ahhh this is perfect." I thought to myself.

The images of Wonderland in my mind was becoming more profound. Magnificent. I can stay this way for the rest of my day.

Not until something began to agitate me. The window I slept next to, had been tapped repeatedly. By something really tiny. I tossed and turned. I pulled my pillow to my ear. But it just didn't go away. It began chirping.

"Seriously? Are you freaking kidding me?"

I could feel the weight of my heavy eyelids bailing me out as I sat up straight and pulled the thick curtains. Sun rays poured into the room. And I saw that evil thing. That evil tiny thing. Staring straight through my eyes from my bedroom window at 10 in the morning.

That was a month ago. And that evil thing still lingers around. Visiting my bedroom everyday without fail. And today, that little cunning thing came again. And I caught him red handed. Or red-winged?




Exhibit A






Exhibit B



Hey lil birdie, my windowsill is all yours to visit every morning. I love your melodious voice birdie. Though you are not even close to a nightingale. At least I love it now. You were obnoxious once. But you're not that evil after all. :D

No comments: