Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Persona.

I once read somewhere that to be inspired is to copy. To copy what you feel is good. That's how you build your inspirations. And i think to copy or imitate someone is always in our genes. Like how we used to imitate the way our parents talk or speak for example. And then as we grow up, we meet more people. We start copying our teacher, friends and colleagues. Maybe copy isn't a good word to use. Maybe, influence. Subconsciously you are basically influenced by people around you. And without realization, you actually pick and choose which traits you find suitable for your own self. Something very inherent, no?

Well, seeing how you pick your inspirations, that's exactly how you build strength within you. You get stronger and stronger as you meet more people, as you encounter more hurdles. You choose what you want to believe. You select what makes you feel better, what comforts you. As you grow older as a human being, you realize that there's pain lurking in every corner you go. You just need to be strong enough to keep going and explore each and every corner there is despite knowing you'll get hurt. Because otherwise you will never get moving. 

And I never want to be that person who stays in one place without moving an inch. I never want to be that person who finds comfort in her own space. Who hold on to her mistakes, regretting and wail over her past. I want to be that person that keeps going despite what happened. I want to be that person that never know limits, that keeps pushing herself and never break.

I want to be the person other people pick up strength from. To inspire others and just for once get rid of my vulnerabilities.







No comments: