Organic Chemistry was over and done with, at 12 noon just now. And that being the toughest paper and the "killer" one, has wrapped up the spring semester with style.
A day ago, I was answering my Sociology paper, which is by the way one of the university elective subjects I took. When I was scribbling my answers and writing short essays on Karl Marx, capitalism, theology and whatnot (I just made that sounded really fancy didn't I?), a classmate raised up his paper after 10 minutes of answering. Mind you the allocated time was 2 hours.
"Sorry doctor but I have a plane to catch."
It was his last paper of the semester and people just can't wait a bit to go back home you see. The doctor refused to accept his paper stating that it's finals and his plane can wait. Then Dr. Basem asked him where was he going. He answered,
"Dubai"
Dr. Basem asked him to wait for at least another 15 minutes until he pass up his exam papers. And so he did. Minutes after that, off he went. And Dr.Basem being so cute as always wished him bon voyage.
After an hour or so people began passing up their papers.
This really smart final year nuclear engineering student from Syria rose up from her seat and passed up her papers. Dr. Basem asked,
"You're going back to Damascus?"
She chuckled. "No. I can't"
Imagine if somebody asks me,
"Are you going back to Kuala Lumpur?"
And I have no choice but to reply, "No I can't"
Like what they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".
I just can't wait to go back home. One more short sem and off I'm back. Even if it only means for a month and a half In ShaAllah. But I still have my country and nation to go back to, nonetheless. And with that I pray that Allah will continue granting the peace and blessings to my homeland. And I pray that people back in Malaysia will never take our land for granted.
You guys just don't know what it feels like out there. Sometimes I could just wish that people open their eyes a little wider and realise that it is THAT hard over there.
I just can't help but to succumb to tears knowing that there is not much that I could do.
Astaghfirullah al'azim
Astaghfirullah al'azim
Astaghfirullah al'azim
In the name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful
O Allah, Gladden the dwellers of the grave
O Allah, Make rich every poor
O Allah, Satisfy every hungry
O Allah, Clothe every naked
O Allah, Pay every debtor's debt
O Allah, Relieve every distressed
O Allah, Return every travellers
O Allah, Free every captive
O Allah, Correct every corruption in the affairs of the muslim
O Allah, Cure every ill
O Allah, Bridge our poverty with Your wealth
O Allah, Change our evil state with Your good state
O Allah, Pay our debts and make us wealthy from poverty
Certainly you have power over all things
6 comments:
cakap dah,awak berbakat tulis bi.
selamat bercuti hus.
:-)
Bersepah-sepah english jqadgsdkhwl
Selamat bercuti anonymous.
Bersepah-sepah tu maksudnya berterabur ke? Maaf lah. Bukan pandai sangat pun BI ni. Saja je cuba sebenarnya.
Bersepah-sepah tu maksudnya fluent la. Berterabur tu lain.
Sedap english awak. Ada british accent wakakaka
pandai betul makhluk hijau ni cari blog adik husna.
T__T
ameen. cant imagine THAT hard.
haiisss duniaa
Post a Comment