Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Daddy

I woke up to a text yesterday morning. Dad said he credited me some money in my bank acc. I asked him what is this for abah? Assuming that it was for the headstone balance fee I need to pay. He didn't reply that message.

I went alone after clinic to pick up my ATM card from Aramex in balad since I had to make a new one after I got pickpocket-ed in London. I activated the card and withdraw a sum of cash for me to get through this 2 weeks before the next allowance. The balance in my account terrifies me, I've never been this broke before. But then I thought to myself I can still survive, others had it worse. It's okay I won't pay anything extra just this 2 weeks. Heck even buying a packet of cheese pun hesitate gila. Nak bayar for dinner batch 10JD? Gi mam. But, I was being really positive about it. It's okay you can pull this through. Siapa suruh belanja byk sgt during trip haritu. It's money, nanti boleh cari lagi.

I totally forgot about the text abah sent in the morning. Suddenly he replied while I was walking home (too cheapskate for a taxi),

"That's for Adik Hus. You may need duit lebih for final year. Tell me kalau tak cukup." 

I walked home crying, asking God why are people so good to me when I'm so bad to them. It's the first time in a very long time since i ever felt sincerely bersyukur for rezeki Allah bagi. I never told Abah I didn't have enough money. He didn't even know I got pickpocket. I guess it's just how daddies work. They take care of you even when you're no longer a baby.

Nonetheless, I know kebahagiaan and love and affection is not measured with money. At all.


No comments: