I know mom cares for me. I know she's worried that i'm not like my sisters. I know she's concerned that my love life is atypical, unlike my sisters. That at the age of 23, I am still single and messed up when it comes to relationship.
Tell you what, I worry too.
If i can have this body and this health forever, that wouldn't be a problem. If i can have emotional stability forever, I dont care. If my parents will be forever young, i don't mind. But i know things will gradually change and it's human nature to find a partner to cling on and share your life. I know that.
But what I want my mom to know is that, instead of worrying-sick and insisting me to have a steady boyfriend, she should have see myself in a different perspective. I am strong and capable of doing many things at the age of 23yo without a partner. I self-support and independent, while i'm single. I'm graduating with a degree in medical field at the age of 23, with a job waiting for me in malaysia. I basically did everything without depending on anyone on long term.
Instead of focusing on my bad luck in relationships, she should have been proud of other things i've done alone without a partner's help. I've done a lot for myself, and all she ever sees is how shameful that I'm still single.
I know I cant be with a simple-minded, entah pape loser pondan guy. I've tried dating these guys and what my teacher said was true. I should stop settling for losers who doesn't know how to love me when I've given so much to love him. I'm a woman with a vision. I don't need a guy for his money, looks nor career. I'm looking for a guy who challenges me intellectually. Who shares the same interest. Who talks about music, books and movies like i do. Who knows how to have fun with me. Who agrees on gender parity. Who's supportive and constructive at the same time. I can't do a passive-aggressive relationship.
I sure have a lot to ask for, it may seem. But maybe because I'm worth a lot. Therefore I hope people for once could understand that with you pushing me to settle into just any relationship that comes by knocking on my door, is just degrading myself as a woman
Tell you what, I worry too.
If i can have this body and this health forever, that wouldn't be a problem. If i can have emotional stability forever, I dont care. If my parents will be forever young, i don't mind. But i know things will gradually change and it's human nature to find a partner to cling on and share your life. I know that.
But what I want my mom to know is that, instead of worrying-sick and insisting me to have a steady boyfriend, she should have see myself in a different perspective. I am strong and capable of doing many things at the age of 23yo without a partner. I self-support and independent, while i'm single. I'm graduating with a degree in medical field at the age of 23, with a job waiting for me in malaysia. I basically did everything without depending on anyone on long term.
Instead of focusing on my bad luck in relationships, she should have been proud of other things i've done alone without a partner's help. I've done a lot for myself, and all she ever sees is how shameful that I'm still single.
I know I cant be with a simple-minded, entah pape loser pondan guy. I've tried dating these guys and what my teacher said was true. I should stop settling for losers who doesn't know how to love me when I've given so much to love him. I'm a woman with a vision. I don't need a guy for his money, looks nor career. I'm looking for a guy who challenges me intellectually. Who shares the same interest. Who talks about music, books and movies like i do. Who knows how to have fun with me. Who agrees on gender parity. Who's supportive and constructive at the same time. I can't do a passive-aggressive relationship.
I sure have a lot to ask for, it may seem. But maybe because I'm worth a lot. Therefore I hope people for once could understand that with you pushing me to settle into just any relationship that comes by knocking on my door, is just degrading myself as a woman
No comments:
Post a Comment