Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Courage

Courage is all we need to survive. Live or die. Up or down. Yes or no. Everything is up to us now that we're old enough to decide.

Sometimes brain is not all it takes. But what's more important is knowledge you have in you. Knowledge that is not only obtained formally but also the ones you gotta learn yourself. Make the best of the environment and implement skills to your own self. But hey, its not as easy as it sounds. Unlike the education you receive via textbooks and teachers, skills are really hard to learn. Communications, manipulating, work ethics , just to name a few. Unless you're a natural, everything that comes under that category can only be learned through first-hand experiences, which not many of us are lucky enough to even have the chance to go through. Some learn during their childhood, taught by their parents. Some have to figure it out themselves. Skills or abilities are what separate us from the rest.

But what exactly is needed to be someone who has abilities or skills that could make us stands out in the crowd?

For me the answer is simple.

Courage and confidence.

A teacher once said to me,
"Semua orang same je. Yang penting kamu berani."

True enough. Being bold has got its advantage. That is gonna put you ahead of your game. Doesn't matter if you stumble upon your way up. At least that's better than not trying at all. And to own skillful abilities, you need to be fearless. ( Of course smart too, can't afford to be stupid all the time, can we? )

No matter what field I might be in later in life, whatever the future might hold for me, courage is what I need. I need to be brave and constantly keep my self-esteem boosted. Even at times I might be overlooking slurry images of life. But I must stay true to myself and keep myself on track. And I pray to the Almighty that I can always find the strength in me whenever I might be needing them.

In a week I'll be receiving my passport to my future. Whatever the outcome is, I'll be ready to take on the challenge. Que sera sera, what will be will be. Good or bad. Success or failure. At the end of the day, you'll just have to go on, proceed to the next level in life and survive the harsh world whether you like it or not.

And I can't wait. Bring it on.

P/S : Simply just need to write something tonight. Oh and please pray for my upcoming results! :)

No comments: