Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm No Superman

He stared in the mirror. Drawing the outline of his squared jaw with his fingers, moving towards his high cheekbone. Pretty exquisite. He told himself. Pretty strong. He stood tall, conquering his own reflection. The clock suddenly stopped ticking.

He fell on his knees with a loud thud. The image of his statuesqe figure paused in the virtual dimension. His limbs started to quiver. His thin lips trembled. He put his hands around his head and tears streamed down on his face. He gave a loud, painful wail. He screamed in agony. Veins in his forehead strained. He sobbed as the earth humbly cushioned his fall. The slurry memories of the past rewind itself in his sub-conscious mind.

The world around him started spinning.

Its time.

He collected himself and stood straight. The heavy emotions stopped abruptly. He was standing right in front of his shadow.

Its time.

Tick tock tick tock.

The clock on the wall resumed. He was in his handsome posture. Looking at his own reflections, he grinned. This is what I was supposed to be. This is what is meant to be. I have no choice. No compromise. I have to live up to what is perceived. No room for honesty.

He put his palm to his chest and felt his heart.

"Even heroes have the right to bleed."

"Fine. I won't come back this time."

No comments: