
The Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said:
“Whoever gives up wearing elegant and expensive garments out of humbleness, when he can do so, Allah will call him on the Day of Resurrection and before all the creations, He will give him the choice to wear whichever garment of ‘Iman’ he would like to wear.”
Related by At-Tirmidhi
I stumbled upon this hadith when I was googling stuffs to read just now. Thought of writing my perspective on this issue of being humble and humility in us. I know I might be the last person you would want to hear thoughts from when it comes to matters like this. But I'd say that I do have my own say at this and I'm not that oblivious to what I'm believing. As a matter of fact, I do read things like this even though I might seem jahil at times. Yes, I admit that I do commit sins. But I'm not near of being proud at all. Willing to change I am. Slowly but surely.
Its not that I want to sound so poyo over here. But I just feel like tackling this topic for tonight. Forgive me if I annoy anyone of you here.
ANYWAY.
Have you ever feel disgusted over people bragging about what they have? If the answer is yes, let me question this. What if they brag over things they DON'T even have? Like they're not even supposed to be proud of that. Tad bit more annoying? Sometimes when people show off I'd die to say this out loud "DUDE I CAN HAVE TEN OF THOSE" or maybe "REALLY? I CAN DO TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THAT YOU KNOW". It will slip through my lips I can assure you, but now and then I'd restrain myself from letting the words slip and just keep quiet. By all means I'm not impressed. I once had friends from a school I went to who bragged about their cars and talked about how tech-savvy their phones are. I got taunted because I didn't care. I didn't care if you drive nice cars to school. I didn't care if you used designer bags. Because you know why? Because you were just lucky enough to indulge in your parents' luxuries. Those rides aren't yours yo.
Me, I'd love to believe that I'm lucky I was taught to be down to earth and work for rewards. I'm glad that I couldn't care less.
And sometimes I get irritated not because people brag about things or materials, but when they brag on and on and on about how good they are. Really? What are you trying to prove? That I'm no better than you are? I find them really amusing though. As though they have no self-esteem in them and the only way to prove themselves is by making other people look bad. I think this part of bragging is the one I hated the most. For it means that I'll look terrible. Just saying..
Yes I know I do that too sometimes.
But I want to make us believe that we should know our stands. Be conscious of who you are. Be humble and respectful. Make mature decisions and stay firm. Think about the ni'mah that Allah blessed us with. Never go overboard and have some empathy in our souls for that we can never predict what the others around us might think of our actions. Be smart. Intelligent.
Orang yang beriman berfikir dua kali sebelum berbicara sekali. Jadi sebelum mengeluarkan perkataan dari mulut anda, fikirkan kesannya terhadap keadaan sekeliling. Fikirkan kesannya terhadap manusia sekitar anda. Fikir gunakan akal dan mata hati. Jangan fikir menggunakan hawa nafsu dan kehendak diri.
Sekian. Wallahu'alam.
1 comment:
thank you :)
Post a Comment